All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   SK   NL   HU   FI   LA   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   ES   IS   RU   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Angol-magyar szótár

Online Dictionary Hungarian-English: Enter keyword here!
  ÁáÉé...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Ungarisch
 idegen-szavak / szinonimaszotar »
« Sunday 8:10 -> 30k entries and the end of the b...    

Hungarian-English Translation of
unfinished or lost

« go back | show/hide answers | follow discussion
Term:
unfinished or lost in translation?  
by idreamncolor, 2013-06-03, 18:58  like dislike  Spam?  99.110.56...
I had a Hungarian male flirt with me in an online game for days. Just doing nice things that would help me when I was losing. Stuff like that.  It's a rapid paced game where your actual photo shows.
Today he said he was going to look at my fb.

He comes back and says "Katie.  You re simply"

I said "simply what? "  he says "yes?

When I told him that didn't make sense,  he sent me a flower and then a ring in the game.

At first I thought he was telling me I looked plain or ordinary.  
But after the gifts I didn't know if he didn't finish what he was saying or if something said in Hungarian directly translated into "you're simply"  but has And connotation of meaning something else. Like "you're simply beautiful" or  it's a term that might mean "engaged to be married"  and he was asking me..

I know its silly but I'm very curious.
Answer:
by Heflamoke (DE/RS), 2013-06-03, 20:03  like dislike  Spam?  
I don't think it makes any sense. "simply ...." requires a adjective there. I can't think of anything that would translate as "simply" and would be some sort of a compliment in Hungarian.

You should have asked him to tell you in Hungarian and I could have helped you.
Answer:
by Tschiga (HU), 2013-06-05, 15:48  like dislike  Spam?  
I am really sure, he probably wanted to express, you are unsophisticated/unpretentious.
Aren't you? :-)
Answer:
by szelanyo (HU), 2013-06-09, 11:51  like dislike  Spam?  
Come on, no one sends a virtual flower after telling a girl she's unsophisticated or ordinary:)
It could be simply gorgeous without gorgeous. And without noticing something is missing. Some people just don't read back, even in the middle of confusion.

BTW there is a HU slang "szimpi" which means "szimpatikus"=likeable, but he most probably wouldn't try to translate this to "simply".:)

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | contact / privacy
Hungarian-English online dictionary (Angol-magyar szótár) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Advertisement